Monday, August 20, 2012

Sick Day



I couldn't quite make it in to work today although I was almost out the door early this morning. Something has swept thru the other RBG employees last week and it sounds similar to what I've had the last four days. I hope no one else experiences this sickness. I hope to be back in action tomorrow. I've been going thru my photos from the Michigan trip and have been enjoying seeing some of the very interesting coleus' (Solenostemon scutellarioides) in the trials. Above is the variety 'Gnash Rambler' which I thought was awesome with all those rustic tones. I'm definitely looking for this one for next year. I've seen many trailing coleus in the past and thought that 'Shocker' (below) looked dynamite as well. Lots going on this weekend and thanks to the grounds staff (Larry, Marv, Marianne, Terry and Big John) as well as all the volunteers for holding down the fort today. They are all self-sufficient as it is and probably didn't mind a day off from me!

No comments: