Saturday, August 18, 2012

Petunia Power

When I attended the All-America Selections Summer Summit Conference over a week ago in Michigan, I took over 4,000 photos during the course of all of our visits to various gardens and trial gardens. I saw an amazing variety of new plant material displayed at most of the sites; primarily the display trials at Michigan State University, Raker Nursery and Mast Young Nursery. I was intrigued by many of the newest developments in petunias and saw some new colors for the first time. I've included many in this blog as eye candy for what the future portends for the durable petunia. I also saw a wide range of coleus (Solenostemon scutellerioides) that I'll share in the near future as well.






Petunia 'Black Ray' below...
Petunia 'Sunflower Ray' below...
Petunia 'Potunia Plus Papaya' below...
Petunia 'Sweetunia Blueberry Ice' below...
Petunia 'Queen Bee' below...
Petunia 'Cherry Cheesecake' below...
Petunia 'Debonair Black Cherry' below... Petunia 'Marvel Beauty Blueberry' below...
Petunia 'Marvel Beauty Raspberry' below...
Petunia 'Surfinia Sky Blue' below...
Petunia 'Sophistica Lime Green' below...
Petunia 'Trilogy Salmon Morn' below...

No comments: