Thursday, March 15, 2012

Chicago Flower Show

I spent an enjoyable day at the Chicago Flower Show (Navy Pier) today and all the blog photos were taken there today. I met Ed L., Noel. and Anneliese this morning at the Horticulture Center and we carpooled to Chicago this morning and back (Ed driving). Traffic is always a factor but we negotiated fairly well. I briefly saw Marv and Marianne before we left RBG and I touched base with some of the things that might be happening today. I thank them for holding down the fort this morning. My presentation on Ornamental Edibles went well (70+ people or so) as did Ed's and Noel's. I met my parents at the show and we were able to check out the show and have lunch prior to my talk. We saw many familiar faces from Madison as Olbrich Botanical Gardens led a bus tour to the event today. We also saw Jeff E., Director of Horticulture, from Olbrich. We also saw Bill A. who coordinates the speakers for the show. Overall, it was a great day and with a high temperature of 82 degrees F, you would think it early summer with all those outside enjoying the weather in short and t-shirts.
















































































No comments: