Friday, February 10, 2012

Blogging From The Expo

Not much time to type as the EXPO is starting! We had more snow than expected today and it was a bit dicey for travel. Big John and I got up here without incident and got the booth set-up quickly (see above). Some of the shots below are also from the EXPO. John and I had a good lunch and I then shot over to Olbrich Botanical Gardens here in Madison. I think I was the only one who put footprints on that garden today as it was brutal out there with blowing snow and cold. I got some nice shots though and enjoyed the conservatory. I saw Luba at Olbrich then ran in to many friends at the EXPO (Ed L., Ed, John, Mike M., Annieliese, etc.). I also saw Kyle and Dee from K&W Greenery (Janesville).It's funny how you see the same people each year and it doesn't take long to catch up. Further down is a shot of Ed L. in the booth for the Allen Centennial Gardens. He insisted that I put it in. More later. The herds are approaching....The grass below is the Hakone grass (Hakonechloa macra). This is the green-leaved variety that gets some nice height and I love this winter coloration and structure. Olbrich has some huge specimens and their use of ornamental perennial grasses is second to none. I was surprised that Epping and his grounds crew weren't out in this weather as it wouldn't have slowed us down in Janesville! :)













































No comments: