Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Devil's Lake State Park Excursion

Our family outing to Devil's Lake State Park (Baraboo, WI) this past weekend was awesome and we enjoyed some unseasonably warm weather and sunshine. The top picture shows my younger daughter looking over one of the many precipices that would make me freak out. The only downside to our weekend visit/camping were the other 100,000 people there enjoying perhaps the last warm weather of the season. The trails were pretty full but we enjoyed the scenery nonetheless (including a soaring bald eagle). I was in briefly to RBG today for a meeting (Garden Development & Maintenance Committee) and touched base with Janice, John and Larry. Looks like everything is well in hand and I'll try to stay away until Monday! I'll actually be back up in Baraboo on Thursday night this week to present to the Sauk County Master Gardeners (Ferns & Mosses).




































No comments: