Thursday, March 10, 2011

Chicago Flower Show

I spent a good portion of the day on Navy Pier in Chicago for the Chicago Flower Show. All of the pictures in this blog were taken today at the show. I was able to do an hour of work this morning before Ed and John picked up Dave and me to head to the flower show. I did see Larry, Marianne, Marv, Terry, Dick H., Jim, Bob A., Dave, Vern and Maury before I left. I'm sure more volunteers straggled in and it was a productive day at RBG. After the always fun drive in to Chicago (thanks for driving Ed!), we arrived at Navy Pier by 10:15 am and I met my parents and walked around the show and had lunch. I grew up in the Chicago suburbs and my parents have met me at the show in previous years as well. Ed, Dave and I all had well-attended programs although Dave had the highest attendance as shade gardening is a big draw. Aside from my parents at my talk, I saw Melissa, a friend of mine since I was 6 years old and her two twin sons. I also ran in to a classmate (Rick V.) of mine from University of Illinois days (landscape architecture). We had a quick trip back and skimmed just ahead of rush hour. MI tomorrow and Saturday.






























































No comments: