Wednesday, February 3, 2010

The Gazebo 18 Years Ago


I thought I'd put out a quick blog before I headed out this morning. Growing up in the Chicago area, I can appreciate the implications of rush hour and am timing my departure from Janesville accordingly. Of course, once clearing Chicago, I'll head thru the Gary, IN area which always has some sort of construction going on. Regardless, looking forward to my trip. Above are some construction shots of the gazebo that show some of our earliest volunteers, including Jim Cullen, putting up this wonderful structure. Note the top picture is actually of the upper portion of the gazebo that was later raised (picture directly above) with the first level being constructed underneath. Below is a nice shot of the view thru the gazebo to the arched bridge. The orange cones are there because of some brick work being done to expand that patio. The gazebo garden truly is the "coolest spot" in the garden with overhead shade from hackberries (Celtis occidentalis) and a nice breeze coming across the water.

No comments: