Saturday, August 30, 2008

I Didn't Realize It Was A Workday!?

Nice caladium above in our shade garden. I'm not sure of the variety; maybe 'Scarlet Pimpernel'. I was off today but stopped by work briefly with my younger daughter. I was surprised to see over a dozen cars at the hort center with all sorts of volunteers in action. It was sunny and very hot today. We've been relying on volunteers to help water our burgeoning plant sale. The mums dry out quickly and need to be watered twice daily. Larry had everything well in hand and I'm sure there was lots of progress around the gardens. I counted 12 volunteers today, not including Jim and the RECAP guys he brought down. Next week will be crunch time with the combination of short week and looming plant sale. Good year thus far though.

No comments: