Friday, July 18, 2008

Trying To Get Back In The Swing

Lots has happened since I last blogged. I spoke at the Midwest Regional Master Gardeners conference in Milwaukee today. I spoke on 'Plants for the Senses" and thought the conference was both well attended and well organized. Last Saturday was our Home Garden Tour and was very successful. We had over 400 attendees view our seven wonderful garden locations. Thank yous to the gardeners that offered their gardens for the walk and all the volunteers that helped make this day seamless and special.
Above was my scenery the past week. My wife, youngest daughter and I went camping at Pattison State Park in far Northwest WI (just south of Duluth, MN). This is Little Manitou Falls. The largest waterfall in WI is in this park. We had a blast but it's now time to "readjust" and get back to business. Saturday work day tomorrow and we'll be focusing on weeds. Incidentally, while randomly driving around Duluth, MN last Wednesday, we discovered the Leif Erickson Park and Rose Garden overlooking Lake Superior. It was awesome. Very well cared for and the roses were dynamite. What a special bonus and I couldn't be accused of secretly selecting that location to get my "plant fix". Worth a visit! 'Royal Bonica' rose on the bottom.

No comments: